Your event recap in five sentences or less: The MTV Movie Awards underwent an exciting/progressive format change this year and will now honor both film and television with gender-free awards; Adam Devine sang his opening monologue to the tune of “Beauty and the Beast” (cleverly re-titled “Movies and TV”); Vin Deisel accepted the 2017 generation award on behalf of the “Fast and the Furious” franchise and paused to honor Paul Walker while we all started bawling; MTV’s “best fight” award sustained an unnecessary name change to “best fight against the system;” Emma Watson took home the award for best actor in a movie—the first genderless acting award in history.
1. Zendaya in Zuhair Murad
2. Jourdan Dunn in Johanna Ortiz
3. Yara Shahidi in head-to-toe Gucci
4. Jasmine Sanders
5. Mary Eizabeth Winstead in Jonathan Simkahi
6. Allison Williams in Galia Lahav Haute Couture
7. Emma Watson in Kitx, an Australian eco-luxury brand
8. Taraji P. Hensen in Emilio Pucci
9. Tracee Ellis Ross in Rosie Assoulin
10. Millie Bobby Brown in Calvin Klein
11. Hailee Steinfeld in Fausto Puglisi
12. Amandla in Fendi
Feature image courtesy of Getty Images
Lists are compiled with consideration for both fashion and beauty and are not capped at any number.